Thursday, March 02, 2006

Really Bad Things

Well, maybe. As I have mentioned before, a couple of months ago I started spending a couple of Sundays a month harboring the fanatsy that I am a musician (well, I was once) and have been experimenting in what little free time I have to making some arty noise with the guy from Mutant Audio.

We won't be on TRL anytime soon (read: never), but we do have fun. At some point we will have to actually complete a song, but as it stands we improvise stuff all over the place, like this second take. The keyboard voice is probably a little too YMO/Kraftwerk for the rest of the instrumentation, but oh well. When you improvise, you are going out on a limb anyway, and the three of us literally put this together on the second take (the full track is 5+ minutes long with a bridge section that makes me want to cut off both my feet as a punitive measure). And then there is stuff like my own experiments in Ableton Live, such as this under 2 minute section that I hope to redo with extra imput for the rest of the crew into a complete track.

We keep talking about doing an instrumental EP of sorts, but we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home