Monday, April 10, 2006

A CD no one should buy

So there is a singer who goes by the single name Juliet, who has a debut album, Random Order.

It does not sound bad really, but the only reason I picked it up was the sole track produced by Guy Sigsworth of Frou Frou (which is the best track on the album).

That being said, the idiotic disc is one of those poopware laden secured discs that make just simply playing them a laborious pain, all because the RIAA can't get over its irrational fear that someone, somewhere, might rip it to mp3 (at which point they even more irrationally assume that anyone doing so must be intending to upload it, which is frankly, stupid)...or ogg vorbis like I did, using GRIP on Linux.

Content protection is a euphemism for business model impotence.

I do not upload copyright cntrolled media to p2p networks, but i do like to create playlists for myself, to stuff onto my iPod shuffle or laptop while I commute on the train. I do not want, nor do I feel that as a consumer who shells out the cash for these products, to be overly encumbered in their use because some 3rd party is stacked to the gills with employees who are utter poltroons and wishes to assume all customers are criminals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home