Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bad Brains live at CBGB's


In the early 80s DC Jahcore (yes, i made that term up because I figured I needed to join the trend of naming every band its own genre with a prefix before *core. Although at least in the case of the Bad Brains, the fact that they kind of are their own genre is actually generally accepted, no matter what moniker you put on it) band Bad Brains recorded 3 nights of their sonic maelstrom at CBGB's. I have learned from that great place Ropeadope that the footage of those shows is finally getting official DVD release.

MVD is the actual company releasing it, and the order page is here. It has many of tracks I consider essential, such as Big Take Over, Coptic Times, and The Meek Shall Inherit. I just wish Sailin' On was there.

There really is nothing like a fusion of jazz-chops with Rastafarianism and DC Hardcore at a velocity and intensity that runs hotter than the surface of Mercury.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home