Tuesday, April 30, 2019

A #workinprogress of considerable size for me (6' x 9'). initially I had been thumbnailing several different ideas for it, but then decided to simply start by doing what I would normally do on an easel, which is the kind of go in to a Zen-like state and just start applying paint (#abstract #painting is one of the few things that qualifies as truly meditative and cathartic for me). I actually started by creating some broken hypotrochoid patterns, then using that to start guiding the filling of space. I suspect this is going to take a lot longer than my normal ones though because I will have to go through layer after layer after layer on a much larger scale. I'm pretty sure the finished project will look nothing like this. . . . #art #contemporaryart #emergingartist #408creates #abstractpainting #abstractart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home