Thursday, June 01, 2006

video: Dale Bozzio - Simon Simon

I have the album this song came from on vinyl, and I always thought that Dale Bozzio on Paisley Park Records was not a bad mix. I also thought it was never released stateside.

Having first heard Dale by way of seeing Dale, in various videos with her former band, Missing Persons, I can only say I was not even aware this video existed until today. Dale was quite an inspiration for singers like Gwen Stefani,except Dale has a bit more of promiscuous goofiness to her. She famously said something to the effect of "I always look best naked" and her early carerr showed her trying really hard to get away with exactly that (including the MP video of her wearing nothing but clear PVC brassiere and duct tape and heels).

This video continues in that tradition, with her in some outfits that look like throwouts from a Prince back-up dancer and scenes in back alleys and a gym, I can only describe this as a bit of a car crash to watch. You will laugh and cringe simultaneously.

1 Comments:

Blogger Venus said...

i need to see this video!!!!! PLEASE!! i have th vinyl album as well..never seen the vid..

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home