Sunday, June 26, 2005

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

So I pretty much gave up on listening to Bono and his self-righteous piffle quite a ways back. While I appreciate the sentiment, the fact that he has turned himself into some kind of wannabe diplomat for a nation of angsty kids as a proxy for a continent that largely has no idea who he is (and would probably wonder why he is so concerned for their welfare when he spends 2 grand on a pair of shades that make him look slightly less ugly than Jeff Goldblum 85 minutes into his role during The Fly and certainly less indignant). When I read this, it gave me a good chortle. BTW, to all you U2 fanatics, everything up to the Unforgettable Fire was completely forgettable, and the last 2 albums have largely been the same track recorded a dozen times over and over again. Get over yourselves.

And in a recent discussion, someone asked me about Bob Dylan, to which I replied "His musicianship never impressed me and certainly his vocals to this day I find godawful, with possibly the only worse candidate being Neil Young, who sounds like fornicating cats with advanced leprosy on a bed of glass."

Thank you and good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home