Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sightings

I just remembered after posting my review of Hiram Bullock's 1997 album that I actually ran into Hiram at a Will Calhoun Quintet show at the Zinc Bar in NYC several years. Funny that. Outside of Carrasco I have liked most of what I have heard him on, and in person he seems to be a hell of a nice guy.

It falls on the same day I received an email from Scott Moon. As you may recall, I wrote a review of one of the albums his former band made in the late 80s and I had stated I wondered what happened to him and drummer Mike Urbano. On a lark and a google search I found him, emailed him, and lo and behold he emailed back. He seems to be out of the music business largely and is more into publishing and other media as far as I can tell. After trading a few emails I found out he is still in the Sacramento area and even invited me to his July 4th BBQ. Now how cool is that?

Just figured I would throw that out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home